Sesame seeds are a healthy food option for all of us. You can use them to eat or use them for cooking food. Another practice, you can also use them to garnish the food.
Beside this you can also find various uses of oil forms of sesame seeds. Sesame seeds are full of nutrients and have a nutty, sweet, and delicious taste.
Do you know the difference between hulled and unhulled sesame seeds? If not, this blog will help you in the best way.
Hulled Vs Unhulled Sesame Seeds:
The major characteristics between hulled sesame seeds and unhulled sesame seeds are below.
· Hulled Sesame Seeds Components & Benefits:
- Sesame seeds without the outer layer, also called hull, are known as hulled sesame seeds.
- The hull of the sesame seeds is removed in processing to produce hulled sesame seeds.
- The hulled sesame seeds are off-white in appearance, in raw state.
- Hulled sesame seeds are most commonly used in America.
- Hulled sesame seeds do not contain Oxalates, which can be a cause to kidney stones.
- Hulled sesame seeds are the best option for you when you have to avoid oxalates.
- Hulled sesame seeds are the most popular decoration for hamburger buns.
- You can use hulled sesame seeds to garnish flavored bread & pasteries.
- Hulled sesame seeds contain Calcium and Fiber.
- Hulled sesame seeds are a rich source of Vitamin B and E.
- Hulled sesame seeds offer a tasty flavor and adds more crunch to every bite.
- Hulled sesame seeds are nutty in taste.
v What are Hulled Sesame Seeds?
As mentioned above, hulled sesame seeds are without their outer layer and they contain many minerals like Manganese, Iron, and Calcium. These are also rich in natural preservatives like Sesamin and Sesamolin.
Hulled sesame seeds also play an important role in helping you repair your body tissues. You can also benefit from sesame seeds as they help you get stronger bones.
You can use hulled sesame seeds to control/decrease high cholesterol levels, which is why hulled sesame seeds play an important role in helping your heart function well.
Hulled sesame seeds also play an important role in helping your body cells to function rightly. Hulled sesame seeds help with undisturbed oxygen supply to your body.
As described, hulled sesame seeds have amazing health benefits, you need to use them regularly.
You can include hulled sesame seeds in your daily routine, unless you are prone to allergy or on restriction by a medical professional.
· Unhulled Sesame Seeds:
- Sesame seeds in which the hull of the seeds is intact are called unhulled sesame seeds.
- The hull of unhulled sesame seeds is not removed during the manufacturing process.
- Unhulled sesame seeds are brown/darker in appearance, raw state.
- Unhulled sesame seeds are most commonly used in Japan.
- Unhulled sesame seeds contain oxalates, as the hull (outer layer) is not removed.
- Unhulled sesame seeds taste slightly bitter because of the presence of oxalates.
- People prone to kidney diseases are recommended not to use unhulled sesame seeds, due to oxalate presence.
- The slight bitter taste of unhulled sesame seeds does not make it a popular choice for topping.
- Unhulled sesame seeds are also rich sources of Calcium and Fiber, as hulled sesame seeds.
- Unhulled sesame seeds offer Vitamin B and Vitamin A, which is comparitvely lesser than hulled sesame seeds.
- You can use unhulled sesame seeds to prepare Japanese stir-fried dishes.
- Unhulled sesame seeds are the best option for the preparation of savory food items.
v What are Unhulled Sesame Seeds?
As explained above, unhulled sesame seeds have their outer layer. The presence of different minerals in hull, you can get different benefits for your body.
Unhulled sesame seeds can help you give your body ideal nourishment. Unhulled sesame seeds can help you get a natural glow on your face.
Unhulled sesame seeds are great sources of energy. If you want increase in your physical strength, you need to use unhulled sesame seeds regularly.
Besides this, unhulled sesame seeds can help you avoid hormonal imbalance.
Unhulled sesame seeds also helps in the digestion process. If you have digestion issues, you can always choose to use unhulled sesame seeds.
These seeds will also help you fight inflammation. If you have chronic inflammatory diseases, you can benefit from unhulled sesame seeds.
You can benefit from the nutritious values of unhulled sesame seeds and have taste buds for slightly bitter sensitivity, you can opt for unhulled seeds.
You can include unhulled sesame seeds in your daily routine, unless you are prone to allergy or on restriction by a medical professional.
Nutritional Difference Between Hulled And Unhulled Sesame Seeds:
We will discuss the difference between hulled and unhulled sesame seeds based on their nutritional contents.
· Calcium and Iron:
If we talk about Calcium and Iron, unhulled sesame seeds are rich source. So, if you prefer Calcium & Iron rich doet, unhulled sesame seeds must be your preference.
As far as the nutritional amount of Vitamins is concerned in hulled and unhulled sesame seeds, hulled sesame seeds are rich in Vitamin B & E where as unhulled sesame seeds are rich in Vitamin A & B.
Hulled sesame seeds are comparatively low carriers of Magnesium then unhulled sesame seeds.
If we talk about Phosphorus, hulled sesame seeds are winners.
Unhulled sesame seeds contain more amounts of potassium as compared to hulled sesame seeds.
If you want to add zinc to your diet, you need to opt for hulled sesame seeds, as these are richer source as compared to unhulled sesame seeds.
To sum up, all in one, hulled and unhulled, both sesame seeds have their benefits. Therefore, one must choose them according to to their preference & goals.